What support can I get when returning to work?​

There are lots of different ways you can receive support when you return to work. This can include talking to somebody with a spinal cord injury who has gone back to a similar profession, or by requesting reasonable adjustments from your employer such as flexible working or specific equipment that will help you do your job. There is also funding you can apply for to help employers with any equipment required through the government Access to Work scheme.

The following video explains how different people have found support when returning to work.

Here are some links and resources​:

ACAS: Reasonable adjustments

Gov.UK: Reasonable adjustments for workers with disabilities

Gov.UK: Access to work

Our mentoring service

If you would like to have a conversation about returning to work, education or volunteering fill out our registration form and we will be in touch. If you’d like to speak to the Back up to Work team, give us a call on 020 8875 1805.