The Back Up Lounge
The Back Up Lounge is an online forum open every other Wednesday from 6pm – 7pm to everyone aged over 18 (see below for our youth lounges) affected by spinal cord injury, where no conversation topic is off-limits.
At Back Up we deliver our services around what you want. The Back Up Lounge is no different. You are in the driving-seat. So whether you are looking for tips on adaptable exercise, bladder and bowel management or just fancy a chat, the choice is yours.
Update: The next Back Up Lounge is on Wednesday 13th December at 6-7pm
Choose from the following lounges (you will have the option to move if needed)
- Lounge & Learn – Experts in the field and good friends Origin are back to focus on setting boundaries and safeguarding when it comes to managing your care needs
- Interests & Hobbies – have you been getting arty, reading any good books, or been busy in the garden? Come tell us what you’ve been up to.
- Family Lounge– Come and chat to our family support team and meet other family members of someone with a spinal cord injury.
- Walker’s Lounge – a space for people who can walk with a spinal cord injury, where you can discuss the topics that matter to you.
- Catch-Up Corner – simply a place to chat about whatever you want with people in a similar situation.
Follow this link to register on Zoom.
Want to learn more about the services we offer? Please click here to read our most up to date services brochure.
Youth Break Out Lounges
We also offer a Back Up Lounge only for children and young people with a spinal cord injury. If you’re a child or young person with a spinal cord injury, learn about these lounges here.