How do I return to the same employer or job?

If you would like to return to the job you did before your spinal cord injury, it is a good idea to have that conversation with your employer as soon as possible. This means keeping them updated with how long you are likely to be in hospital, and what support you will need to make a return to work.

Your employer is legally required to make reasonable adjustments so you can keep working. This can include having a phased return, flexible working, and physical adjustments to your work environment. You can also get support from the government to pay for equipment and support called “Access to Work“.

Here are some useful links about reasonable adjustments:​

ACAS: Reasonable Adjustments Reasonable Adjustments

Check out the ‘what support can I get when returning to work?’ section for more information.​

If you would like to have a conversation about returning to work, education or volunteering fill out our registration form and we will be in touch. If you’d like to speak to the Back up to Work team, give us a call on 020 8875 1805.

     GO BACK