Our supporter promise
Without you, hundreds of people and their families would simply not receive the vital support they need. Ever since our beginnings in 1986 we have relied on the generosity and passion of supporters like you, which is why we are making a commitment to be both transparent and accountable.
We promise to:
Be open and honest
- We will make sure your donation is of the most benefit to people affected by spinal cord injury
- We will tell you where our money goes so you can see what a difference we are making together.
Recognise your contribution
- We will send you a thank you as quickly as we can, acknowledging your support and the difference you’ve made
- We will value your donation, big or small, ensuring it is put to the best use.
Protect your personal information
- We will never buy or sell your personal data to third parties
- We will only ever contact you via methods you are happy for us to use and for which we have received your consent
- We fully comply with all relevant laws, including the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and the Telephone Preference Service
- If you wish to make a complaint our complaints procedure can be found here. We will never disclose details of your support to external parties.
We will make it easy for you to opt out of any communication, allowing 10 working days for your request to be processed.
We are accountable
We’ll always strive for best practice in fundraising to ensure our donors feel safe, valued and well supported; adhering to the Fundraising Regulator and other professional fundraising bodies.
You can read about the impact of our work in further detail in our latest annual report.