Back Up Lounge Host
The Back Up Lounge is an online forum open every other Wednesday from 6pm – 7pm to everyone aged over 18 affected by spinal cord injury, where no conversation topic is off-limits. This vital role enables people affected by spinal cord injury to engage with peers with a goal of identifying hints, tips, education relevant to their situation from peers with lived experience(s). The breakout rooms cover a wide range of topics and act as a great support to lounge attendees. There is also a lounge specifically for children and young people.
What does it involve?
- Participating in a pre-lounge planning meeting and preparing talking points
- Representing Back Up and acting as a host for a breakout room
- Facilitating, supporting, and encouraging lounge attendees to share their experiences and knowledge, ensuring that everyone has a fair chance to speak
- Attending a debrief meeting post-lounge to aid planning and development for next time
What support and training do lounge hosts receive?
- Initial one day online training course
- Support, guidance and feedback from services staff. Two services staff members will supervise each lounge on a rotational basis.
- Agreed expenses covered by Back Up
- The chance to work as part of a dynamic team and to have a real impact on people affected by spinal cord injury and to support them to establish a support network and learn from others lived experience(s).
If you are interested in this role please get in touch with Ally.