Payroll giving (give as you earn)
Payroll giving is an easy and tax effective way to give regularly to Back Up. Your donation is taken from your pre-tax salary, meaning that for a £10 donation it will only cost you £8 (or £6 if you’re a higher rate tax payer). The extra £2 comes from tax that would otherwise go to HMRC. Some companies even match your donation through payroll giving, making your donation go even further.
A small gift from you each month could help us transform many more lives. By donating through payroll giving we can plan for the future and expand our services.
Why choose payroll giving?
- Simple to set up – Just decide how much you want to give and fill in our simple application form below. We do the rest
- Tax efficient – Your donation is taken straight from your salary every month before your tax is deducted
- Optimises giving – The government increases the size of your gift at no extra cost to you
- Some employers match donations – Please check to see if yours offers a ‘matched-giving’ scheme
- You are in control – Your donation will appear on your pay-slip and you can stop or vary your gift at any time
- You’re kept up to date – We’ll communicate with you to keep you up to date on our work
”Recently I switched my donation to payroll giving through my employer, who then match my donations, ensuring Back Up receives double the money when I donate – I only wish I’d done it sooner!”
Find out if your company supports payroll giving
Visit www.gearedforgiving.org/get-geared-giving to see if you can donate to Back Up tax free through your employer.
Are you an employer and want to introduce payroll giving in your workplace?
As an employer, having a scheme in place will show your commitment to corporate social responsibility and enhance your company’s image.
“Setting up our Payroll Giving scheme was so easy, and it really shows our commitment to supporting causes that are important to our employees. We definitely see it as a benefit we offer to our staff.”
If you’re an employer you can find out more by downloading our guide for employers below or visit www.gearedforgiving.org/get-geared-giving.