Work at Back Up
Back Up is a national charity that inspires people affected by spinal cord injury to get the most out of life.
Our passionate staff team of over 30 people is based in South London. We’re a disability inclusive employer, and we recruit many people who either have, or have been personally affected by, spinal cord injury.
Back Up has a great work culture. We run anonymous staff morale surveys and consistently score well above the sector average. Watch an interview with our team to find out more about why people love to work here.
Deadline: 9am Monday 20th January
This is a rare opportunity to lead a growing service dedicated to transforming the lives of people affected by spinal cord injury. Family members are not only an integral part of the support network for people with spinal cord injury, they also have important needs of their own. These needs are too often overlooked and, by taking […]
Deadline: 19 January 2020
Back Up are looking for an outstanding appeal director to join us during an exciting period of growth and change. In April 2020, we will launch an ambitious five-year strategy to be there for every single person affected by spinal cord injury – ensuring no one is left behind. Your role will be crucial to […]
- Pension scheme: Back up will make a contribution of 3%
- 22 days holiday per year + 8 bank holidays + any days between Christmas and New year
- Leave allowance rises to 23 days after 1 years' service, 24 days after 2 years' service and 25 days after 3 years' service
- Generous sickness pay provision
- Access to financial advisor - annual initial exploratory meeting with an independent FSA
- Season ticket loan: an interest free loan for the purchase of a season ticket.
- Ride to work scheme
- Compassionate leave
- Study and sabbatical leave
- "My day" - 25 hours per year to carry out voluntary work