Work at Back Up
Back Up is a national charity that inspires people affected by spinal cord injury to get the most out of life.
Our passionate staff team of over 30 people is based in South London. We’re a disability inclusive employer, and we recruit many people who either have, or have been personally affected by, spinal cord injury.
Back Up has a great work culture. We run anonymous staff morale surveys and consistently score well above the sector average. Watch an interview with our team to find out more about why people love to work here.
Deadline: Mon 21 October at 10am
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead a growing service dedicated to transforming the lives of people affected by spinal cord injury. We know the benefits of working or volunteering for people with spinal cord injury are massive. Back Up believe that a spinal cord injury should not be a barrier when it comes to […]
Deadline: Sunday 20 October
We’re looking for an outstanding communications manager to lead and develop the communications function of a national disability charity. In May 2020, we’ll embark on a new five-year strategy so we’re looking for an exceptional candidate who can play an important role in developing the communications strand. It’s an exciting time to join us as […]
- Pension scheme: Back up will make a contribution of 3%
- 22 days holiday per year + 8 bank holidays + any days between Christmas and New year
- Leave allowance rises to 23 days after 1 years' service, 24 days after 2 years' service and 25 days after 3 years' service
- Generous sickness pay provision
- Access to financial advisor - annual initial exploratory meeting with an independent FSA
- Season ticket loan: an interest free loan for the purchase of a season ticket.
- Ride to work scheme
- Compassionate leave
- Study and sabbatical leave
- "My day" - 25 hours per year to carry out voluntary work