Education life with a spinal cord injury
After the temporary hold of this service due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are once again providing this vital service. If you have any questions or want support, please get in touch with our Education Inclusion Coordinator, Jo by email or calling 020 88751805.
Whether you have had a spinal cord injury from birth, or you were injured later on, you will have lots of questions about going to school and college. You might be worried you will be treated differently by teachers and friends, wonder how you will access facilities and classrooms and if you can go on trips and excursions.
- Help your teachers and other students understand more about spinal cord injury
- Liaise with your hospital and education provider as they prepare for you to return
- Visit your nursery, school, college or uni – we support in meetings, deliver assemblies and can help ensure you have the right support to meet your needs
- Make sure your voice and experience is heard
- Provide advice and support with our free Education Inclusion toolkit below
You have a right to be included in everything during your education and Back Up are here to support you.
Tailored information from young people with a spinal cord injury on their experiences of education life, returning after an injury, coping with the emotional challenges around this and considering what to do after leaving college/school.
Hear about other families experiences about supporting their child in education and accessing support.
Comprehensive advice and practical tips for teaching staff, health care professionals, young people, and family members to ensure your child or student is fully included in their education.