Date: Sunday 4 Oct 2020
Accessibility: Suitable for wheelchair users, restrictions may apply
The London Marathon is truly an achievement of a lifetime. One of the world’s most famous marathons, it is also the largest annual fundraising event on the planet – runners have raised over £750 million for good causes since the race began in 1981. The course follows an iconic route taking in many of London’s landmarks, from the Cutty Sark and the City to St James’ Park and The Mall.
Why join the Back Up team?
- You’ll receive lots of support from our lovely fundraising team with regular updates, hints and tips to help with your preparation and targets
- We’ll provide you with a bunch of goodies to help you reach your fundraising goal
- You’ll receive one of our brightly coloured Back Up T-shirts/running vests to make sure you stand out
- We’ll have an amazing Back Up cheer team to motivate you on the day!
- There will be a post drinks reception for all our participants to celebrate this amazing achievement.
If you managed to secure your own place through the public ballot and would like to run for Back Up, then do let us know as we’d love to have you on our team!
“It was a fantastic experience. It’s the best marathon in the world because of the great crowd support and iconic landmarks along the way. I feel great about raising money for Back Up.”
Bret Crossley, 40, Wheelchair racer in the London Marathon
We will be taking photos and videos at the London Marathon for use in Back Up’s fundraising and marketing materials. If you want to find out more about how photos and videos will be used, or if you’re attending this challenge and do not wish to be featured, please contact our fundraising team using the details at the bottom of this page.Apply here
You can find the link to our terms and conditions at the bottom of this page.