Thinking of returning to work or volunteering?
Studies have shown that unemployment is worse for your health than smoking!
Benefits of working include:
- Improvements to general health and wellbeing
- Good self-esteem and a sense of purpose
- Increased independence and confidence
- Earning money and feeling like you are making a contribution
- Socialising and meeting new people
We have a space for you on our Back Up to Work courses running throughout the year:
Sunday 23 - Tuesday 25 July 2017, Manchester
Back Up to Work offers you the chance to:
- reveal your talents and enhance your CV
- receive advice on job hunting, including advice on how/when to declare a disability
- practice your interview techniques with real recruiters in a supportive and encouraging environment
- be put in touch with specialists for benefits and financial support and advice
The courses are run by Back Up in partnership with Helen Cooke, Director and founder of My+ Consulting and Becky Hill, both HR professionals with extensive knowledge and experience. Helen and Becky are spinal cord injured themselves.
Each course is hosted by a partner company whose staff often get involved in aspects of the course such as practice interviews – importantly, though, they too are there to learn.
This course is not about finding a job for you but about equipping you with the knowledge and confidence you need to work towards your employment goals. We offer tailored one-to-one support post-course based on your goals and aspirations.
Get in touch with the courses team to confirm your place:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 020 8875 1805