Back Up receives no government funding and relies on the generosity and efforts of its supporters. Our income comes from major events, corporate support and sponsorship, trusts and foundations, community fundraising and individual giving.
Volunteering for Back Up is an integral part of our fundraising success. Many of those who have benefited from our services often go on to support us by raising money to continue our work and/or volunteering their time, realising at first hand the importance of the work we do.
We have lots of ways for you to volunteer within fundraising.
What does it involve?
- Volunteering in the office – this could be anything from designing posters and writing letters to research and general administrative duties
- Volunteering at one of our major events
- Joining one of our dinner committees
- Offer to be a speaker at one of our dinners or a local community event
- Organising your own fundraising event with families and friends.
Support and training
Support and guidance will be provided appropriate to the role.
If you would like further information, or for an informal chat, please complete our application form and send it to Kat by email. If you would like more information about volunteering or fundraising you can give her a call on 020 8875 6749