It’s been a busy and very positive few months at Back Up, and the release of our Transform Autumn newsletter is brimming with stories of success. With new partnerships being formed, our nautical Back Up Ball just around the corner, and our Youth Advisory Group feeding back into our 5 year strategy, we have lots to update you on.
Here are some of the highlights in this season's edition:
Sign up to receive Transform and Back Up news in the future.
- The future of research – How the top 10 questions that should be priority within spinal cord injury research were whittled down from 784.
- 72% of people who have attended our Back Up to Work course in the past 5 years are now in employment, education or volunteering.
- Find out what the course involves and how it can help. Hear Yasmin’s story of how she was motivated to become a Back Up Ambassador and what it involves, including challenging perceptions of disability and removing prejudices.
- After making a miraculous recovering from a spinal cord injury Ben, along with his family and friends, climbed Kilimanjaro for Back Up, and raised an incredible £30,000 in doing so.
- Hear the journey of a mentor and a mentee, just 1 of 141 people who receive mentoring support from Back Up each year.
- Our aims for 2020 – See how far we’ve come over the past 5 years, and what we have in store for the next.
- Bret and Calllum both raised money for Back Up by taking part in the iconic London Marathon in test of fitness and bravery, let their stories inspire you.
- Give a legacy – Make a lasting and tangible impact through giving a gift in your will or create a memorial website